Saturday, May 12, 2012

Eye/Ear Treat

I belong to Netflix but don't really care for most movies, so 90% of what I watch is documentaries and concerts (one of Amy Winehouse's concerts, which I've not seen before, is up next on my watch-list.  Below is what I watched tonight after a hard day's work making a garden.  What a treat "Ad Most Beautiful" was.  Great music, sounded almost like Lou Reed ... in fact I thought it mostly was Lou Reed until I reached the credits.


13 Most Beautiful: Songs For Andy Warhol’s Screen Tests

by 
From Nico to Sonic Boom, or what black-and-white silent film has to do with pop art.
In 2008, the Andy Warhol Museum commissioned ex-Luna band members Dean Wareham and Britta Phillips, now performing as Dean & Britta, to write and record 13 original scores and classic covers for Warhol’s little-known silent films, black-and-white portraits of cultural icons like Nico,Lou ReedEdie SedgwickAnn BuchannanFreddy Herko andDennis Hopper, shot between 1964 and 1966. Dean & Britta promptly complied and, for the next 18 months, toured the world, performing the pieces in more than 50 venues, from New York’s Lincoln Center to the Sydney Opera House to a 15th-century cathedral in Paris.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, dear Mr Reed: I'm not joking around when I've said occasionally, trying to learn how to play a D chord properly has been a very big thing for me.

    ReplyDelete