Sunday, July 31, 2011

Historical Setting


In 2005 my job sent me to Harpers Ferry, West Virginia, for a week of training; the classes were held in the beautiful building pictured above; it once had been the main building of Storer College (1865-1955), one of the first institutions of higher learning for black people. I can't say I learned much in my classes but it was an honor to spend time in such an historical setting, and I love the classic photo below, taken in 1906, of progressive men sitting outside the building and in its windows.

(Click on photo to enlarge it)

1 comment:

  1. oh 'n the hats!

    I love visiting ..places where...
    today the 17th century Hopital St-Louis...1607!!! founded by Henri IV to care for victims of the plague...

    glass raised to learning...to understanding...to life

    ReplyDelete