Friday, December 31, 2010

Scrapbook Cruising: Happy Anniversary to John & Kathleen Fitzgerald

Mr. and Mrs. James Fisher
and
Mr. and Mrs. John Fitzgerald Sr.
request the honour of your presence
at the marriage of their children
Kathleen Joy McNeal
and
John Dennis Fitzgerald Jr.
Friday, the thirty first of December
nineteen hundred and ninety-three
at seven o'clock
Saint Malachy's Church
595 East Ogden Avenue
Geneseo, Illinois*


They are splendid! Or, as the Irish might say, they are grand! Plus they both love to read! Plus they created two beautiful children. I'm lucky to have great people like John and Kathleen in my family.

John posts on Facebook first thing this morning: "Happy Anniversay to not only my best friend but the best person I know. Lords knows I would be lost without her and would have missed out on a lot of adventures over the last two decades. She loves a good party, can match wits with anyone in the room and heaven help anyone trying to debate her. Here’s to you Kathleen aka Spanky aka Neen aka Momma. She proves her mettle every day and we are all the benefactors. I love ya kid!"

And then Kathleen posts: "Happy anniversary John Fitzgerald! 17 years ago we threw the best party we've ever thrown, and I got to marry the best guy I know. Thanks for all the happy new years! I love you."
----
*The original invitation didn't scan well so I up and typed it up, which necessarily leaves out the nice embossment and the gold lines of the original; plus I filched the classic photograph above from my nephew's Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment