Monday, October 26, 2009

Another Favorite Postcard (#4 in series)

I once received a postcard from Loretta Lynn.  She was to appear at the Champlain Valley Fair in Essex Junction, Vermont, in August of 1987, and I mailed her a gift certificate from our restaurant for her and her band.  I love Loretta!  As it turned out her bus was hours late getting to town.  Some three months later she sent me this sweet card!  (Click on it to make it easier to read.)


I had been feeling lonesome this evening -- stuck out here in the sticks of the sticks, in the woods, up a long dark lane, alone except for the dog and two cats, but then I ran across this card and it made me feel good to think I had not been forgotten by Loretta "no matter how much time goes by."

Then the dog started her "danger lurks" barking.  I went to the door to check.  Coming onto the porch was a summer resident from further up the lane.  She gave me a loaf of Apricot Cranberry bread and a loaf of Blueberry Cranberry bread.  "I love to bake and I love to share," she said.

Feeling better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment